Some of my favourite photos

Tuesday 23 July 2013

One hour of Butterfly watching

Now the school holidays have started I have hours of spare time to film wildlife.

This morning I went on a dog walk for 1 hour, while taking photos of Butterflies

Meadow Brown

Gatekeeper or Hedge Brown
The Meadow brown and the Gatekeeper both like bramble bushes. On each bramble bush there were about 20 of these butterflies.

Meadow Brown

Meadow Brown on a thistle

Peacock


The Peacock butterfly likes the buddleia in our garden. This bush is sometimes called the butterfly bush.

Peacock

Large White

Fritillary

Ringlet
The Ringlet butterfly likes thistles and brambles on sunny woodland paths.
Small Tortoiseshell

1 comment:

  1. Great photos!!!! I had a butterfly in my bathroom last night and it couldn't get it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete