Some of my favourite photos

Friday 26 December 2014

Review of a year as a Local patch reporter for BBC Wildlife Magazine

On the 17th February 2014 I had the amazing news that I had been choosen as a Local Patch reporter for BBC Wildlife Magazine. Through the year I have had great encouragment and support from Ben, Matt and Jo at the magazine and was lucky enough to meet them during the summer.
This year has been quite mad with newspaper interviews and appearing on the radio to do a live article.
During the year I have been fortunate to meet some of the people who inspire me such as Chris Packham, Simon King, Ben Garrod, Wildlife Kate, Jo Cartmell, Stephen de Vere. All of which have been helpful and supportive.
Appleton Wildlife Diary joined Twitter and facebook this year. I want to say a big thank you to all those who have followed me, RT, favoured. liked, given advice and generally encourage me.
The wildlife highlights of the year were getting closer to the badgers, finding the one eyed hare, fallow deer, peregrine falcons, getting my first photo of a fox, dolphins, puffins and finding out there are Otters on my local patch.
In the past couple of weeks, the best ending to the year was finding out I'd won 1st and 3rd in the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust 8-11 years photo competition as well as coming first in the people's choice section.
Here are some of my favourite photos from the past year.
(In no particular order)


Hare

Heron in the garden

Kestrel

One eyed hare

Two peregrines fighting over a pigeon

Puffin

Red necked grebe

Reed bunting

Rook drinking

Seal

Sedge warbler

Baby squirrels

Tree creeper

Grey wagtail

Water Lily

Great spotted woodpecker
More of my favourite photos of the year to follow tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment