Some of my favourite photos

Monday 16 February 2015

Local starling murmurations


After one of my mums friends telling me where to find and film Starlings quite close to my house we decided to put a evening aside to go and see them.
We arrived at about 4:30pm and waited half an a hour before they started.
They slowly built up into a giant mumuration.
 The amount of Starlings was unbelievable. 
Everytime they swept from one side to the other another large group joined in.
It was hard to imagine how many starlings there might have been.
At about 5:30pm, when we left, it was getting too dark to film but they were still going.




As well as the Starlings there was a wide variety of birds such as Grebes, Herons, Cormorants and Egrets.


The island on the lake had a large roost of Cormorants. I have never seen such a large number of Herons roosting together.
Roosting Herons, Cormorants and Egrets










No comments:

Post a Comment